Monday, March 14, 2011

SixSouth

One of my favorite shows ever was at the Emigsville Park Building in York, PA. The line-up was basically all of Youngblood Records roster at the time. Washington D.C.'s Striking Distance, Worn Thin, and Desperate Measures, and My Luck from Texas. Along with Pat from Violent Society playing in his new band Cranked Up the other opener was SixSouth. I remember them being pretty good, but beside all of these other bands I completely forgot about them until last year. I was looking through a used CD section when I came across Playing For Pennies...Paying Our Dues and gladly picked it up. It was a good choice because this is a pretty good disc. It isn't ground breaking and amazing, but it is fun hardcore punk. I know these guys played all the time in my area and now I wish I had gone to see them more. Oops.
 
Taken from Angry, Young and Poor:
"Tracing the lines that meet to form SIXSOUTH would be a history lesson in York, Pennsylvania hardcore/punk. Members from the now defunct '90s bands: THE ARMED CITIZENS, GFNC, and TAP AND DIE converge to blend their tastes and talents to create an original sound that has yet to be properly placed or described by comparison. Those who try only become frustrated when the music goes from zero to one hundred in a matter of one measure, or the desperation of the vocals turns to anger in one word. You may wonder how music described as such could possess any kind of appeal. There is only one way to find out. Listen! 8 songs."
                                                Download it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment