Monday, March 14, 2011

Lake Effect Hardcore


I've been going through a lot of my older comps and came across this gem. Erie Hardcore Scene Report: A Documentary Of Lake Effect Hardcore is a sixteen track treasure chest of Erie Pennsylvania's best bands. I'm not exactly sure when this came out, I don't have the physical copy in front of me right now, but I do know that I have had it long enough to wear out my first copy.

Brother's Keeper is the first band featured here. I know people love to hate on BK, but I love them, chicken voice and all. This is the beginning of many Mike Ski appearances throughout the comp from guest vocals to his older bands. Disciple or xDisciplex or xDisciplex A.D. also add to tracks of their classic metallic hardcore. Who could give a fuck that these guys were a christian band when they write such evil sounding and heavy hardcore. Abnegation are an odd standout and take some getting used to. Imagine if deathcore actually sounded like a combination of death metal and hardcore instead of the shit with that label now.

Digression, Mothership, Neverfall, and Sumthin' To Prove contribute two tracks each, followed by a track from Out Of Hand and Break Iron. There really is something for everyone in the hardcore scene on this compilation. Erie was a big scene at one point and this collection helps put that in perspective. Download it at the link below and see what you might be missing.

Get it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment