Sunday, February 13, 2011

Go!

I'm not exactly sure what my goal is with this blog. I've just been running out of shit to do on the internet so I thought I'd try something somewhat productive. I don't plan on packing this with downloads of new or old shit unless it is something that I really think deserves some extra attention. My girlfriend did get me a new USB record player for Christmas so if I am going through my records and find something I think most people are unfamiliar with I'll throw it up here. That is if I can figure out the Audacity software that came with it.

I've picked up a lot of new stuff lately, recently I received the new Fight It Out 7" from Dave Heck and his label Get This Right. Check out the page he has up for the label at Stereokiller.com to hear some of the bands he is putting out records for. This Fight It Out record is called Depression and is very similar to one of my all time favorites Mushmouth.
I've been a huge Gang Green for years going back to when I bought their I81B4U by accident. Since then I have fallen in love with their grimey, party themed hardcore/punk/whatever. So I was real pleased when I found this at Soundgarden here in Baltimore. This is a three song 5" with Agoraphobic Nosebleed and A.N.S. both covering the "King Of Bands" and an extra track by A.N.S.. I was never a big fan of AN, but their take on "Alcohol" is just fine by me. Their song selection was a little predictable as I've only heard bands cover "Alcohol" and nothing else by Gang Green. There is good reason though as it is arguably their best track. A.N.S. chose "Let's Drink Some Beer" and did a great job with it and threw in an original called "Blazing Saddles". I had heard of A.N.S. before, but never looked into them too much until this release. Since I've got this I've sought out the rest of their releases and highly recommend these guys. Pick it up from Tankcrimes they just released a second pressing of 500.

That's all for now I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment