Sunday, April 3, 2011

Martini

Hellfest 2004 was memorable for many reasons. It was the last Hellfest, but we didn't know that at the time. Bad Luck 13 Riot Extravaganza is easily the most memorable and most talked about set, but my personal favorite was E.Town Concrete. Apparently it was their first time playing their hometown of Elizabeth, NJ. I'm pretty sure it was supposed to be one of their last shows too, but I'm not positive about that. They played towards the end of Saturday night and were great. I completely get how people can hate on E.Town, but I've always loved them. Anyway, when I strolled by their merch table that night I was disappointed to find them selling very little stuff. Still I had to buy something so I grabbed a shot glass and hat. Then I noticed a CD sitting there that was Anthony Martini's solo rap EP. Official Bootlegs: Vol. One was the title and it would forever change my life. I threw it in my car CD player as soon as I walked out of the RexPlex and dropped my jaw. This shit is equally hilarious, awful and good. Songs sampling Slayer, lyrics about being a honkey, and a serious track, what more do you need. Download it and laugh at it or dance or make stew or whatever the fuck you wanna do.

Download it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment